This chapter provides the information that is relevant to the study. It includes foreign and local literature taken from the internet, some studies that were analyzed by the researchers. This chapter also includes some information taken from books, online newspaper and online articles. A. Foreign Literature History The Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 allocated money to bring new technology into schools, including computers. In 1975, Apple Computer first donated computers to schools, and by 1981 educational “drill and practice” programs were developed.
By 1996, many schools were rewired for Internet access. Importance of Computer in Primary Schools The use of computer education in both public and private schools provides students with the technology skills required for college. Students in elementary schools begin learning the basics of computer use in kindergarten Computer in primary schools can expose students to additional resource, such as online encyclopedia, dictionaries, government-sponsored educational sites, learning games and online tutoring. In the future, computers will play an even bigger part in the everyday school agenda.
Experts predict that the time is coming soon when the teacher will be mainly a facilitator of learning while children sit at computers and complete the majority of their class work, homework and special projects. Uses of Computer in Primary Education Computers are becoming common place in school as aids to learning. Children can work individually or in pairs at a computer. Some schools place computers in the classroom, others locate the computers in computer labs. They are used in reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies instruction.
Some programs teach keyboarding. When children use computers to learn mathematics, the computer serves as a tutor, a tool and a tutee. Computers in the classrooms can be used as direct educational tools for online learning or can reinforce previously taught skills. For students struggling with specific skills, there are many games that can be played online to serve as learning interventions. The teacher still guides the process, but it is more student-driven than before. Research * Students in primary school can use computers as sources for reports.
Because of online encyclopedias and magazines, children have access to media that may otherwise be unavailable to them. * Elementary school students learn how to use a computer for research, as well as what websites should be trusted for accurate information. Lists of educational sites are often printed out for student use at home, and aid further exploration of interesting subject matter. Educational Games * Children can use computers for learning that is fun. Thousands of websites offer interactive games in all subject areas.
These are excellent for reviewing and reinforcing skills the teacher has introduced to primary students. Academic Intervention * Teachers can help students struggling with specific skills by downloading activities and tailoring them to each student’s learning style and level. Computers cannot replace a teacher or tutor, but they can augment their ability to meet the needs of the students. Assessment * Teachers can use computers to provide testing materials for their class. They can access the textbook publishers’ online resources or connect with a community of teachers around the country who share ideas and materials.
Class Records * Teachers can maintain student grades, parent contact information and other relevant information through word-processing programs or membership to online record-keeping software at little or no cost. Benefits of Computer in Primary Schools Computers are used in almost every classroom in the country. Some teachers only use email and grade book features, but computers can offer many benefits to teachers and students in primary grades (kindergarten through grade 6). Computers in the classroom are not just there for fun or something for kids to do when their work is finished.
Now the computer can supplement the curriculum. The computer becomes a part of the class work. It’s not a substitute for the teacher but a strong assistant. Many children are able to understand concepts when they are presented on a website that relates to their life in some way. Computer-assisted instruction offers teachers and students another avenue to learn the required academic material. Educational computer programs are available online, at computer stores or through textbook companies. Stick with programs that are user-friendly and hold your students’ attention.
Make sure the programs are at the correct grade level. Decide if you want the computer program to supplement your lesson, practice basic skills, or assist in teaching a new concept and make sure it does just that. For Students: * Computer-assisted instruction provides differentiated lessons for varied levels of learning, including students with disabilities and gifted students. Students are able to work at their own pace while receiving instant feedback which enables them to self correct before moving on to the next skill.
If a student answers incorrectly, the computer programs will provide instructions to assist the student in correcting their work. The programs are interactive and students can work individually or in groups. This allows them to compete with their individual scores or the scores of the students within their group. Students also gain valuable computer skills which will continue to benefit them throughout life. * Students can use digital painting programs to manipulate photos or create icons for classroom charts.
Word processing programs can generate crossword puzzles or word searches, and primary school students can create graphs using mathematical data. Using the Internet, primary school students can access photographs of great art, listen to important recordings, research topics for reports and communicate via email * Elementary school students learn how to use a computer for research, as well as what websites should be trusted for accurate information. Lists of educational sites are often printed out for student use at home, and aid further exploration of interesting subject matter.
For Teachers: * Teachers are better able to track their students’ strengths and weaknesses through computer-assisted learning. Computer programs can enhance the lessons and allow teachers to pick different levels of a program or different programs altogether for students who may be behind or students who are advanced. When students are learning and actively involved with learning, teachers will have less behavior problems in the classroom which in turn sets up a cycle for more learning to take place.
Computer-assisted learning benefits teachers by allowing them to work with small groups of children on a particular skill while the other students in the class are working on their computer program. The nature of the program allows the students to work independently; minimizing distraction to the teacher while she works with the other students. * Primary school teachers can expand lesson plans by incorporating digital resources using computers. Disadvantages Students can become bored and restless if computer programs are overused.
Computer programs can evaluate students’ progress on many levels although it is the teacher’s responsibility to make sure students develop critical thinking skills which are essential to solve problems encountered throughout life. Too much time spent learning through computer programs can also reduce time students spend interacting with each other and their teacher. This can result in less time for learning appropriate social skills. Computer-assisted learning can be a great asset to the classroom and curriculum as long as they are not overused.
Too much of any mode of teaching can lead to boredom and frustration in the students. Use good judgment and find computer programs that enhance the learning process. B. Local Literature Technology’s Impact on Education Computers and the Internet technology have revolutionized the field of education. The importance of technology in schools cannot be ignored. In fact, with the onset of computers in education, it has become easier for the teachers to render knowledge and for the students to grasp it.
Computer technology is used to add a fun-element to education. And it goes without saying that the Internet has endowed education with interactivity. The process of learning in the classroom has significantly become richer as students have access to new and different types of information, can manipulate it on the computer through graphic displays or controlled experiments in ways never before possible, and can communicate their results and conclusions in a variety of media to their teacher, students in the next classroom, or students around the world.
The success of technology in the classroom generate impressive results for students, including improved achievement; higher test scores; improved student attitude, enthusiasm, and engagement; richer classroom content; and improved student retention and job placement rates. This is brought about by software that can be used to render information to the students in an interactive manner. The visual effects provided by the animation and presentation software result in inviting greater interest from the students. Tablet Used for Educating Young.
MANILA, Philippines — La Salle Green Hills and electronics and digital media leader Samsung Electronics Philippines Corporation (SEPCO), take learning to a higher level as they tied up for the school’s eTextbook/Personal Learning Device (PEARL) project, a pioneering program designed to make use of the “digital word” as the new vernacular in the classroom. Now in its pilot phase, the project utilizes the latest tablet PC technology from Samsung as “a Personal Learning Device distinctly driven by digitized curriculum materials. ”
New emerging educational technologies are changing the way we learn. Education has become too flexible and fan. Technology for education is promoting individual learning and mobile learning, both teachers and students are benefiting from this new technology for education. Some of the barriersin education have been broken down by this new technology for education; students can learn from anywhere, teachers can easily reach their students from anywhere.Technology is helping to change education in a positive way; it is part of the modern world. Technology for education is improving grades for students and it prepares them for the future.
Future Jobs will require every applicant to have some technological skills, so those who don’t know how to use various technological tools like computers and internet will be left out. Below I have listed some of the advantages of new educational technology:
:- Use of Technology in Classroom – Students Demand It
:- How Teachers Use Technology In The Classroom
- Promotes Individual learning and research: Technology for education provides us with tools which can allow us to learn on our own. Individual learning is good, because a student will not feel shy or embarrassed when they fail to learn some thing. It also promotes individual research and this helps students to deeply learn about a specific topic of interest. Many students use online platforms like Piazza.com to join virtual classroom where they can ask questions and get answers on any topic, shy students have found such platforms very useful because they can use fake names on these forums to ask about anything. The use of computer aided instruction tools also makes students stay in control of what they learn; a student can easily make mistakes and correct them without feeling embarrassed.
New technology for education used to promote individual learning:
This kindle tablet is one of the best tools any student can use for individual learning. A kindle uses an electronic ink screen which looks and reads like a normal paper, the text is sharp and clear so you can buy electronic books from Amazon and read them via your kindle. The good thing about a kindle is that it has a long lasting battery; its consumption of power is low compared to other tablets. And a Kindle will not require power to maintain a page of text, meaning, you can read for a full month on just one single charge. . Buy this kindle From Amazon.com
- Wifi smart pen – LiveScribe Echo 8GB:
This is a cool technology for students who have trouble taking notes in the classroom. I just wish it was invented those days when i was still in school. This wifi smart pen can record every thing you hear and turn it into text. It wirelessly sync notes and audio to your Evernote account so that you can organize and share it with friends. It has a big storage space of 8GB, meaning it can store as much audio data as you want. Buy this wifi smart pen from Here
Students can use this Smartphone to learn from any where; it is a simple easy-to-use light phone. You can do anything with this smart phone, you can download and listen to audio lessons, download educational apps like ‘’Library Apps, Math Apps , English Apps ‘’ etc , from Apple stores, you can watch live streaming Youtube educational videos, you can download and read educational e-books using this iPhone5. Buy it from Here
- 2. Improves Writing and Reading Skills:
New Technology for education improves the way students write or spell. Using computers in the classroom helps students learn how to blog or write educative essays. Since these computers have word applications which have built-in dictionaries, students will find it easy to write essays or take notes using a computer. Also students can learn how to spell using English teaching games. These teaching games will present a student with simple and complex English games and puzzles for a student to solve, then, some English video games can even teach them how to pronounce specific English terms. Students find typing with a keyboard more interesting than writing with a Pen.
New Technology for Education used to improve students writing skills:
- Starter Paragraph Punch – Online Edition:This software will help a student develop basic paragraph writing skills. The application contains 16 writing topics and over 1,628 help prompts to help students write standard paragraphs. The software is designed for students in Grade 4 – 5. Get this software here
- Ultimate Style: The Rules Of Writing: This is the best online grammar guide. The site provides rules of writing and it also has A-Z lists of common English questions. Try it out here:
- WriteToLearn: It works as an online literacy tool for improving reading and writing skills for students of all grades. They provide an easy-to-use and effective writing instruction to help a student learn how to write and spell. Learn more here:
- Makes Educational Material Accessible: New technology for education has made educational material accessible to anyone around the world. Broadband internet technology has facilitated the growth of online education, which has helped students from developing countries get a chance to access valuable educational material. Also busy people who would like to upgrade on their academic level, have found online education very flexible, because they can attend lessons during their free time after work.
- Improves Students Attitude Towards Learning: Since this new technology makes education fan, students do not get bored while learning. The integration of Gamification technology in the classroom has improved students interest in learning. Students are encouraged to play educational videos and games to solve specific puzzles. For example, Math games help students learn how to solve math equations. Try out websites like www.ixl.com
- Prepares Students For Change: Tomorrows job market will require applicants to have technological skills. So it is of great benefit if we use new technology for education in schools. Using of computers in the classroom helps students learn how to type and spell, these two basic computer skills will be required tomorrow. Technology increases the chance of students to get well paying jobs in the future.
- Helps Students with Special Needs: New technology for education has helpedstudents with special needslearn better. For example, the use of iPads and robots helps students with Austism to learn how to talk and spell. In most cases, these students have trouble interacting with others while at school, but ipads are fan to use, so teachers equip these students with ipads which have educational content. According to research, a study found that students with Dyslexia learn how to read when they use computers in
Serious research has been undertaken to publish this content, so you're in the right place. I love technology, I believe embracing its potential for personal, business or educational advancement will pave the way forward for us all. We've all heard "knowledge is power", with this website I hope, to some degree, to empower you!