Stockroom Manager Resume Samples
Stockroom Managers play a vital role in large businesses holding goods and supplies. Usual duties listed on a Stockroom Manager resume sample are coordinating daily operations, maintaining inventories, ordering supplies, preventing excess stock, eliminating non-usable items, and solving inconsistencies between inventory and stock records. Those looking to work as Stockroom Managers should demonstrate excellent numeracy skills, attention to details, teamwork, computer competences, and knowledge of safety procedures. Employers select resumes displaying a degree in business or economics and training in accounting, administration, computer, clerical procedures, and inventory management.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Stockroom Manager Jobs page.
Established the first-ever stockroom supervisor position by making a business case to management that solves efficiency gaps between the stockroom, sales team, and the corporate Production Department.
- Enhanced sales efficiency by creating and maintaining merchandise organizational structure, staff's work schedules, and regular task lists.
- Supervised and trained stockroom employees.
- Maximized loss prevention by creating and overseeing shipping and receiving process.
- Improved sales opportunities by training stock room staff to adhere to prompt merchandise replenishment standards on main floor.
Responsible for stockroom operations including purchasing optical products and inventory management. Collaborated with vendors on current product movement and incorporation of new products. Monitored job flow and quality assurance.
- Completely overhauled the plan-frame collection of 400 models and introduced higher-grade products without increasing average cost.
- Successfully eliminated dependence on one manufacturer of private label frames.
- Introduced over 50 popular styles as part of the re-organization of the collection. Managed the gradual introduction and distribution to a network of 250 providers.
- Reduced materials cost per order, saving […] annually. Negotiated with lens vendors and obtained more favorable terms.
- Managed critical QA efforts to minimize lab error, reducing lab remakes from 3% to less than 1%.
- Saved […] in wind down costs through aggressive reduction in inventory levels. Negotiated favorable product return terms with major vendors to minimize write offs.
Production Manager/stockroom Manager
Responsible for the continuous flow of all repairs for an internationally renowned FAA Part 145 Comm/Nav and Accessories Repair Station grossing more than $1.7M per year. Kept daily contact with customers to improve relationships and ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Reported to the General Manager/President on all things related to Production to include daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Presented the Production Reports to the company at monthly QA meetings.
- Improved the corporation's yearly income as Internal Sales Representative bringing in over […] in new business.
- Eagerly trained 7 personnel in Shipping/Receiving and Supply Technician positions within the corporation resulting in 100% backup position coverage.
Maintained the organization of merchandise for both the stockroom and sales floor of a 40k Sq. Ft. store.
- Educated newly hired associates and delegated tasks based on the needs of the business.
- Assisted customers with efficient and reliable customer service to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
- Prepared store on a daily basis for shipment of more than 10k units.
- Trained new associates accurately to ensure reliability and aptitude to perform daily tasks.
- Monitored employee policy violations and liaised with HR via email and verbally.
- Created the weekly schedule for part-time employees within the merchandising department.
Enhanced sales through sufficiently communicating with co-workers about essential products needed on the sales floor
- Maintained effective communication with brand vendors to ensure merchandise was displayed with visual appeal
- Trained new stockroom associates on the everyday routines involved in maintaining the stockroom area and sales expectations
- Worked effectively in an extremely fast-paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks
- Verified inventory by comparing physical counts of stock, investigating discrepancies or adjusting errors when indicated
- Directly supervise 7 partners as well as third largest cost center
- Increased fill % from 70% to 92% by implementing a tracking system, organization, and partner engagement.
- Decreased garment material cost from 16.2% to 14% by increasing used inventory utilization and stockroom organization
- Decreased Emblem costs from 92% to 66% by implementing a used inventory system, and tracking system for billing.
Managed 4 assistant managers, 3 supervisors, and 93 stockroom employees.
- Controlled monthly P&L, DVPE, KPI, and inventory reports.
- Responsible for monitoring and reducing cost with different contractors that included LTL and Freight carriers, forklift equipment, and waste management.
- Monitored employees work performances that included disciplinary procedures and progression tables.
- Created new techniques, incentives, and standards to help increase overall productivity and morale in the Distribution Center. Examples such as "Pie in the Managers face," where associates were challenged to meet and increase their lines per hour and/or stocking of freight by 10% at the end of the month. Winners received a $25 gift card and a drawing for all individuals were held to have one winner pie a manager of their choosing.
- Founder of SIT (Shipping Is Thinking) committee where a group of 3 shipping associates (along with the Shipping Supervisor) conducted monthly meetings with the Operations Manager and myself to help find better ways to eliminate shrink and new ideas to expedite shipments out of the DC by 730 pm. Process became a huge success.
- Mentored, guided, and held assistant managers responsible for all inbound freight to be put up no later than 48 hours of delivery. Original time was 96 hour turnaround and improved process to 36 hour turnaround time. Success of coaching management staff helped reduce excessive overtime and increased put away numbers from associates by 37%.
- DC Quality of Excellence award received 2010-2011.
Assistant Stockroom Manager
- Supervised up to 12 full time employees.
- Collaborated with HR to develop and implement strategies to resolve high absenteeism rates.
- Managed the product pulling process in the distribution center.
- Increased productivity by 10% by revamping pick paths.
- Cross trained employees to provide management the flexibility to assign needed task which increased worker morale and productivity.
- Organized and restructured store stockrooms to innovative and efficient replenishment standards still used company-wide.
- Coordinated overnight replenishment crews with executive team leads to efficiently represent new products to the sales floor resulting in higher yields in profit.
- Produced positive, self-motivated employees and a productive, high intensity work environment.
- Implemented own method of stockroom orderliness which became part of new management training during induction.
Responsible for Quality Control Department and Project Management for the production of trade show exhibits. Implemented written department procedures.
- As Project Manager, responsible for entire project from design and engineering to manufacturing. Finalized by quality inspection, set-up, shipping and installation.
- Assisted with designing and engineering parts for displays while recommending changes when necessary for quality that resulted in thousands of dollars saved.
- Supervised project installation and manufacturing in Singapore, Malaysia, Germany, Washington D.C., Nevada, and numerous California locations.
- Work closely with all departments: Sales, Graphics, Design, Manufacturing, Planning, and Engineering to ensure timelines and quality was met.
- Communicated with customers and distributors to ensure their purchase was on schedule and all their needs were being met. Arranged shipping as necessary.
- Produced quick start instructions using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
Stock Assistant Cover Letter Example
As Stock Assistant, you will be essential part of a store-team. Even if your duties are not comparable with the Shop Assistant ones, the shop daily life cannot run without your effort.
You will be responsible for taking care and control the stock merchandise within the shop and you need to ensure that nothing is missing in the store. You won’t be in touch directly with customers but you will be essential for them..without your job they won’t find anything in the shelves!
Apart from controlling the internal provision of the shop, you need to be there when the merchandise arrive, you need to check it before displaying it in the shop and you need to put prices on it once arrived. In case some parts are not good to be sold, you will be accountable for returning them back with all necessary paperwork.
Organization, precision and attention to detail are essential skills. The shop provision depends on you and you cannot forget anything.
Stock Assistant Cover Letter
Dear HR / Recruitment Manager,
Application for the vacancy of Stock Assistant.
I am presenting my CV for the position advertised in (where the job was found). Thanks to my experience and background, I believe I could be the perfect fit for you company.
I have worked as stock attendant for various companies like XX and XX. I have been responsible for storing merchandise, keeping inventory and organizing product within the shop. I have followed the entire replenishment process, from the arrival of the courier until the shelves stocking, paying attention to merchandise quality and quantity.
I kept the store stock under control: removed outdated merchandise, notified the manager when merchandise was missing and reordered it when too low.
Thanks to my experiences, I have developed exceptional organization skills, proactivity and ability to manage and run the daily “stock life”. In case of any inconvenience (lack of products, damaged merchandise), I have always found out the best and fast solution possible to the problem.
The enclosed resume better highlights my achievements and responsibilities.
I am available for interview at a time convenient for yourselves, and I would be pleased to attend for interview at your convenience to allow me to discuss my experience and qualities further. My full contact details can be found on my CV.
Many thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you in the near future.