Bartender Cover Letter
Bartenders are in charge for preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and ensuring a pleasant drinking experience. These professionals are employed by bars, restaurants, and lounges, and complete the following duties: taking orders, serving snacks and drinks, making sure guests meet age requirements, mixing ingredients, identifying customer needs, replenishing supplies, maintaining bar inventory, making recommendations, and washing glassware and utensils.
Successful cover letter samples for Bartenders mention the following qualifications:
- Previous experience working as a bartender
- Knowledge of mixing and serving drinks
- Basic computer competences
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of a foreign language (represents an advantage)
- Planning and organization
- Problem-solving orientation
- Stamina and multitasking
- Being available to work in shifts
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter showcasing comparable Bartender skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Bartender Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Simlich:
Upon learning of your search for a personable, customer-centric professional to fill your opening for a Bartender, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. With more than 6 years of experience providing superior bartending service in reputable dining establishments—as well as my commitment to team collaboration and outstanding customer service—I would significantly benefit Simlich Fine Dining as your next bartender.
My experience in preparing cocktails, beer, wine, and spirits for upscale clientele has prepared me to excel in this role. With my proven ability to develop and update sophisticated bar menus while maintaining a clean and safe environment, my additional strengths in communication and multitasking position me to thrive in this challenging and customer-oriented position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Collecting more than $18,000 in gross revenue and tips each month due to superior interpersonal and customer service talents.
- Accurately collecting and processing payments, maintaining optimal inventory levels, and balancing multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced restaurants.
- Leveraging keen knowledge of optimal wine and food pairings to provide customer drink recommendations and achieve superior customer feedback.
- Demonstrating motivational team building and organizational planning abilities, superior management talents, and exceptional communication skills; training new hires in general bar and restaurant operations.
With my previous bartending experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and my outgoing demeanor, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
To maximize your chances of getting a job as a bartender, it’s essential that you highlight two major areas in your cover letter: your vast knowledge of beer, wine, spirits, and mixed drinks; and your exceptional customer service skills. Demonstrating these two qualities in your bartender cover letter will prove to hiring managers that you will be able to fulfill the job role. If you are not sure how to demonstrate these two qualities, then take a look at our cover letter sample below to get some ideas.
In a hurry? Our state of the art cover letter builder can help you write a convincing cover letter in minutes.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Table of Contents
- Bartender Cover Letter Sample
- Related Cover Letters
- Bartender Cover Letter (Text Format)
SEE ALSO > Cover Letter Examples by Industry
1. Bartender Cover Letter Sample
This Bartender cover letter is based on the matching professionally written resume (click to view)
Click Here to Download Our
Bartender CL Example
2. Related Cover Letters
3. Bartender Cover Letter (Text Format)
Mr. Jack Daniels
The Groggy Frog
3029 Bar Street,
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear Jack Daniels,
I would like to apply for the Bartender position at The Groggy Frog as advertised on mycareerusa.com. I am an experienced bartender with 6+ years of hospitality experience in local bars such as the Ditzy Daquiri and the Mellow Monkey.
This experience has provided me with thorough knowledge of both classic and contemporary cocktails, beer, wine, spirits and mixed drinks. Having worked in a range of bars and cafes in downtown Los Angeles, I have developed my customer service and coffee making skills both in high-volume establishments and small, local eateries.
I am service-focused, hard working and self-motivated, with a passion for keeping up to date with the latest craft beers and cocktails and a team-oriented mentality. I recently also completed a Diploma of Food and Beverage Services at Cronell University, adding to my hospitality and floor service knowledge.
I have enclosed a copy of my resume for your reference. Please feel free to contact me if you require any further information on (030) 7384-5829.
Now that you have a better idea of how to write your bartender cover letter, visit our cover letter template library to download our free template packs. We offer 8 customizable template packs suitable for all types of job seekers and industries. Simply download a template pack, choose a color, and plug in your information. Finally, if you’re in need of a resume, we also provide templates to match your cover letter.